Although I haven’t had a chance to write about it, things are crazy here in our house right now. Why, you might ask? Well, because we’re moving to Virginia. Yes, that’s right, leaving the good old Garden State behind and heading to the land of Lovers. Hopefully there is more lovin going on in VA than there is gardening going on in NJ.
Lest you think I’m knocking NJ, I’m not. I was born and raised here and could go on about all the great things about the state, but that is another post and I had too much to do.
So as you can imagine, it is more than just a bit stressful these days. But I’ve already learned so much – here’s 10:
1. Don’t go to Disney World two weeks before you move
2. Don’t move with three kids
3. Don’t move out of state
4. Don’t assume that closing will happen on the day they tell you it will
5. Don’t believe that the price you think you agreed to sell the house for is the actual price you sold the house for
6. Don’t get the flu the week before you have to move
7. Don’t assume you’re doing fine – when you try to put cereal in the coffee filter, that’s a bad sign
8. Don’t think you have ever bought enough boxes from Home Depot no matter how many trips you’ve made
9. Don’t think about how much money you’re losing from when you bought the house 5 years ago
10. Don’t move